The recipient of the 2023 Nance Donkin Award for Children’s Literature is Pamela Rushby from Queensland. Congratulations to Pamela and all the nominees:
- Teena Raffa-Mulligan from Western Australia.
- Susanne Gervay OAM from New South Wales.
- Pamela Rushby from Queensland.
- Alison Lester from Victoria.
- Sharon Booth from Tasmania.
The keynote speaker for the event was Jane Cafarella who gave a thought provoking talk on 'The Fickle Nature Of Legacy, The Greatest Prize In Children’s Literature'. You can read her speech here. The judges for this award were Meredith Costain and Caz Goodwin. You can read their report here.
Read more about the Nance Donkin award here.